Thursday, November 18, 2010

Up in the Air


Hey, I am up in the air again. This trip I was in some pretty neat places. I spent one night in Cincinnati and stayed right across the street from where Casey was born. That brought back some great memories of spending New Years Eve in the hospital. I ate at the Cracker Barrel we use to go to all the time and had some hot rolls at one of our favorite places, O' Charlies!


We were in Chicago, Atlanta, Ft Lauderdale and New York. This first picture is flying out of Atlanta. The leaves are just changing. It is hard to believe when we have already had snow and the leaves have left long ago.


I Love New York! This is on Broadway close to where we stayed and as you can see they are getting ready for Christmas.


This is the New York City Public Library. We were so close and did not realize it. It was very beautiful. Is that where books come from?


This view is walking up the last flight of stairs to one of the many libraries. I love the contrast of the very white marble and the deep dark wood carvings. I asked if they had the Cat in the Hat and I got a weird look from the librarian. I guess not.

The paintings were beautiful.
Behind the library is Bryant Park. It has many small shops and is bustling with activity including street performers. There is also an ice rink you can skate at like at the Rockefeller Center.



This video was very cool. We are streaking across the sky right above a layer of clouds. It is one of the rare times you can actually feel how fast you are going. Check it out!







6 comments:

Karen said...

How on earth did you find that song?? Love it! And seriously, I can't believe we didn't go to the Library when we were there - ugh. It is next on my list - I really, really, want to go!

Karen said...

I could seriously live there.

Karen said...

and I forgot to say how cool the video is! Did you take your hand off the steering wheel :)?

Cary said...

Look mom no hands!!!

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

That video is soooo cool!!! Both hands on the wheel sir.

Just a "TAD" more said...

Every kid who see's your blog is going to want to be a pilot. Always to cool!!!! I love new unique songs. I have gone through New York a hundred times and never seen it like you guys. Will have to try harder to stop and see it. Was in Atlanta today leaves are so bright and colorful. Next time call and we will try to meet you and have a snack together.