Saturday, October 25, 2008

October Road

The sunrise flying home for my Anniversary.
Spending time with Mom in Orlando and her new sporty car!
The beautiful mountains in Denver
Another sunset in New York

This was a good trip, but I am glad to be home. It started out at 6 am in Minneapolis with a check ride. As a pilot we have to take many tests each year. We have a 4 day checkride in the simulator each year and then once a year we receive a line evaluation. The line evaluation is not announced and you never know when it will be. The check pilot will just show up and go through all of your manuals to make sure everything is up to date and then ride in the cockpit for a round trip. This time it was to Denver and back. It is about 2 hours each way and they test all of your skills. They ask you questions about the airplane and all of the procedures. They then watch you fly and grade your performance. Luckily I passed and get to keep my job for a while longer. If you fail it is unpaid leave and up to a board if you get to keep your job. (No pressure). We always joke about training and call it - bet your career. The flight to Denver was very bumpy but I did get a beautiful shot of the mountains. It is usually very bumpy going into Denver as the air flows over the mountains it creates turbulence. We call that mountain wave. It can be very dangerous.

Then it was off to Orlando where I was able to have diner with my mom. A short night but it was so cool to see nana. She was sporting a new car. Very cool! The next day taxing in you could see the sunset over downtown New York city. Very beautiful. Flying home on the last day I snapped this picture of the sunrise. It was amazing with the vivid colors of red and blue. The camera does not due it justice. Well it is home for our 22nd Anniversary. I can't wait to see you all and go out to dinner tonight.

1 comment:

casey ryan said...

Wow Nana got a ssport red car there. Dad I love you!!!!